Tuesday, June 7, 2011

terminal velocity

February 25, 2011 at 6:05pm
As it becomes increasingly obvious that medical science is unable to fix my issues, I'm compiling a list of places I'd like to go and things I'd like to see and do before the inevitable happens.  Don't get me wrong, I'm doing my best to stay positive more often than not... to see the up-side more than the down... to do my best to prolong the quality time I have remaining and to look on each day as a blessing to be treasured.

So many people have touched my life in so many ways that I could not possibly compile a list of thank-yous or even a list of friends.  Instead, I will live my days in as cheerful and full a manner as I possibly can, and hopefully I will be able to give a few more people a smile, a hug, a shoulder or simply a listener when they need one.

I know I can get moody and grumpy from time to time, and during these times I will endeavor to put as brave a face on things as I possibly can.  Brace yourself, though, if you ask me how I feel, I won't lie to you. Nor will I sugar coat the truth.  I will simply tell you how I am feeling at that moment - whether it is good, bad or otherwise.  Really, honesty is so much easier, and then we can move on to something more important.

So, my list... and this will most likely be expanded and changed and rearranged as the mood strikes me... I'd like to have your input as well.  Please feel free to comment with things you think I might like to see or do, or something you've done or seen that has made a deep impression upon your life.

Life is for the living, get out and live it.

1. Visit my maternal aunts in Apollo Beach.
2. Walk along the beach with a giant bag of tortilla chips, feeding the seagulls.
3. Visit my mother in Missouri.
4. Finish my bachelor's degree.
5. Stand on Landis Green and scream at the moon before finals week.
6. Sleep in a hammock.
7. Visit my son in Louisiana.
8. Nom freshly boiled cajun crawfish in mass quantities.
9. Listen to live bluegrass music.  Preferably outdoors.
10. Visit Babci, Aunt Helen, Stephanie, David and Tiffany in Miami.
11. Meet Tiffany (see #10)
12. Have sushi and a drink with Silas Wilson.
13. Talk to Deanna McKinney... and have her tell me all about how Travis has grown and find out if she still has/uses that teacup.
14. Talk with Candace Ward about Caribbean Ghosts.
15. Talk with John Gillette about Paraguay.
16. Publish my novel.  Even if I have to self-publish.
17. Do a small book signing tour with my novel - Louisiana, Missouri, Florida.
18. Clean up my yard.
19. Clean out my house.
20. Finish the living room and master suite projects.
21. Go to Silver Springs with Peter.

Now it's your turn... what else should I do or see? where else should I go?

No comments: