Tuesday, June 7, 2011

decision day

October 17, 2010 at 7:02pm
Well, I gave it another week.  And I was feeling better.  Taking the medications religiously combined with judicious use of a heating pad to help break up the congestion seemed to do the trick.  Saturday I felt almost normal again.  So we went out for a little excursion to celebrate.  Apparently that was not the best of ideas.  Today has been filled with a hacking cough and I've had trouble catching my breath when moving from one room to the next, when attempting to go down the five steps to the yard I'm caught with such a bout of hacking and wheezing that it is a wonder I am able to pull myself up to the house again.

I don't know what's going on, but I have to get it cleared up if I'm going to function properly again.  That means a visit to the doctor on Monday - with luck that will be Monday morning.  I don't know what he's going to decide, but going off of last week's visit - if my blood work continues to look dodgy, I may be typing the follow-up to this note from a hospital bed.

At this point, I'm not interested in being the strong one or the one who continues on through all sorts of adversity - I'm just interested in being able to breathe again, in being able to talk to people without getting winded, in being able to walk without feeling like I'm passing out. In short, I'm interested in getting well - and all of my energy is being directed to that focus.

So, that's what's going on.

No comments: